Any firm filing more than 100 tax returns annually is required to do so! This is a stringent requirement and one of the important steps taken by the IRS and several state agencies, as they continue to work towards increasing data security and curb identity theft.
On this page, we shall discuss about eFile authorization for both:
- Individual Tax Returns (Form 1040)
- Business Tax Returns (Form 1065, 1120, 1120S, 990)
These are about 10 pages pdf documents each, where you shall find eFile Authorization forms that you are required to print, sign, scan and upload on your client portal. (Alternatively, we can share with you a document in Adobesign, which is similar to DocuSign). These pdf documents contain eFile authorization forms as required by the federal government (IRS) as well as various state governments. Yes, we need eFile authorization to file tax returns with state governments too!
Additionally, there are some more details in the pdf document highlighting important aspects of your individual as well as business tax returns such as:
- Estimated Tax Bill
- The process to make tax payment (applicable if you are required to pay taxes)
- Bank account details where you shall receive tax refund (applicable if you are eligible for tax refund)
- Other informative content
The pdf document is a good read and is likely to solve most of your queries. Do find some time to go through it and ask us if you have any doubts!